Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Loy Krathong Sukhothai 2022 anyone know ?

Posted by Meekyman on 7/10/2022 at 19:52

Hi Folks,

Nearly 20 years since I last visited Thailand, and we're in Sukhothai with the trip timed for Loy Krathong next month.

Does anyone know if the events that used to take place in the historical park pre-COVID are happening?  I've been in touch with the place we're staying and the said "still waiting for official news of events"...only one month away.

Thanks

Graham

#1 Meekyman has been a member since 14/1/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by exacto on 9/10/2022 at 15:55

Hi Graham. Sorry, but I can't speak directly to your specific question about Loy Krathong in Sukhothai next month. I was in Thailand from July through September, however, and noticed that larger special gatherings like weekend markets and food festivals and temple fairs were running as usual in places like Udon Thani and Prachuap Khiri Khan. The majority of people were still wearing face masks, even outdoors, but shopping malls, transportation, and seemingly everything else were operating normally. I hope that helps. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,848

Posted by Meekyman on 9/10/2022 at 17:53

Many thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated!  Good to hear that some sort of normality has more, or less, returned.  

Through the power of the internet, I came across a photographer based in Sukhothai and asked him the same question.  He assured me that events were taking place around Loy Krathong.  Yippee.

Cheers,

Graham

#3 Meekyman has been a member since 14/1/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by exacto on 9/10/2022 at 21:18

Graham,

Glad to hear it. Sukhothai is a special place on a regular day and should be magic during Loy Krathong. Have a wonderful time. Regards.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,848

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.