Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

weather

Posted by beemeers on 18/1/2008 at 03:39

Will be traveling to Thailand April-July
I have looked at the weather map, just wondering if anyone has personal experience of being in the souther region of thailand for these months and how bad the weather is... for rain.

#1 beemeers has been a member since 26/11/2007. Location: Canada. Posts: 15

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/1/2008 at 09:16 admin

Southeast or southwest? they're on different monsoon systems.

In general wet season is characterised by some rain most days -- generally an hour or two of rain, rather than all-day drizzle.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Guernseystu on 18/1/2008 at 10:26

Sorry somtam mate, I've got to disagree with you there. I remember the good old days when you could guarantee that there would be a rain shower every day at 3pm. Those days seem to be long gone now. Last year throughout the province of Surat Thani June and July had very little rain, in fact it was really bloody hot and dusty. Through August and September the rain literally didn't stop. October and November were hot and dry again.

I have no idea what the weather was like Andaman side but as somtam rightly said SW and SE have different weather systems. So beemeers, don't worry about the weather, it is normally possible to avoid the rain by switching between SE and SW.

#3 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.