Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Is it realistic?

Posted by huggomartini on 18/1/2008 at 07:12

Hi there,
I will go to Thailand 30/35 days next December.
I wanna go to beaches not to the north (the north is for the 2nd trip) but in 35 days is not possible see everything. So what do you advice me to do? I used to read travelfish tips and I agree with many like (less is more).
I'm thinking plan something like this.
Arrive at Bkk maybe December 1st and stay 3 nights.
Going to south (Pattaya, Koh Chang and Cambodja is in the 2nd trip too) to Hua Hin, Prachuap until Surat Thani. December 10th I wanna be in Koh Phangan to FMP 2 days after. A few days in Koh Samui too and maybe Koh Tao (I'm not a diver yet).
Then Krabi and Phang nga (i'm a 007 fan).
Phuket and Phi Phi I would like to visit but I'm afraid to be disappointed with mass of tourists. Ko Lanta is also a target and the small islands near there too.
Didn't think about the place to spend the X-mas eve but i'm thinking to go more south maybe till Malaysia and get the plane back to Bkk from Kuala Lumpur. New year's eve in Bangkok is maybe what I'll do and get back to Lisbon (my hometown) January 2nd or 3rd.
Is it possible make this avoiding trips every day?
Bangkok 1st time, 3 days, Koh Samui/Koh Phangan/Koh Tao, 8/10 days, Krabi/Phangnga, 4 days, Phuket, 2 days, Phi Phi, 4 days, Koh Lanta, 2 days, South until Kuala Lumpur (stopping in different places), 5 days and the last 3/4 days Bangkok.
Any suggestion.
Thanks in advance.

#1 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/1/2008 at 09:21 admin

That's a lot of islands in a month.

A common route is:
Bkk - Hua Hin - Chumphon - Ko Tao - Ko Pha Ngan - Ko Samui - Surat Thani - Krabi - Ko Lanta - Ko Phi Phi - Phuket

If you do the gulf islands in this order then you avoid having to backtrack to Surat Thani.

If I had to skip one of the above, I'd skip Ko Samui.

Bear in mind that December is PEAK season and places like Ko Phi Phi will be packed to the rafters, likewise the December FMP on KPN will be nuts.

If you're thinking of heading south to Malaysia, you could skip Phi Phi and Phuket and continue south island hopping from Lanta eg Ko Ngai - Ko Mook - Ko Sukorn - Ko Libong - Ko Lipe - Ko Tarutao ... these are all great islands that will be far less busy than PP...

Just a thought!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by huggomartini on 18/1/2008 at 16:34

Thank you so much probably is what I'm gonna do.
I fly back to Bkk from Phuket.

#3 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by huggomartini on 20/1/2008 at 20:44

My only problem will be the Visa, I wanna stay 35 days and the Visa is good 30 days right?
Any tip?
Thanks in advance

#4 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by Guernseystu on 22/1/2008 at 11:42

Your 30 day visa can be extended by a further seven days at any immigration office in Thailand for 1,900B.

If you are thinking of going to Malaysia anyway then don't worry as you'll get another 30 days free when you re-enter Thailand.

#5 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Posted by huggomartini on 22/1/2008 at 20:03

It's great can be extended more 7 days I think I will accept the Somtam2000 route's suggestion and stay in Phi Phi and Phuket and Malaysia stays for the 2nd trip.
Thanks again

#6 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.