Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thai Airways

Posted by jessie604 on 19/1/2008 at 15:37

HI, I have purchased a flight from BKK to Phuket on Thai Airways. HOwever I need to change it because I am afraid I will miss the flight, and I am having a hard time getting in touch with Thai Airways over the phone (I am currently in Siem Reap). I am looking to change my flight from BKK to Don Mueng and make it later in the day (Tuesday, JAn 22,2008), still flying Thai Airways. Is this sort of switch allowed? Can I make it over the computer/phone or do I need to do it in person?

Jess

#1 jessie604 has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by Guernseystu on 20/1/2008 at 00:26

I think that it is unlikely that you will be able to change your ticket. The domestic airlines certainly don't allow it so, as Thai is an international airline, there is a slight chance that you might be lucky.

Domestic flights are so cheap these days you'll get a ticket online for as little as 700B. Check out Nok Air and 1-2-Go but not Air Delaysia as they are crap.

#2 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/1/2008 at 06:03 admin

Could be tricky.

THAI uses both the new and old airport, but uses the old one only for non-connecting domestic flights. While they do fly from the new airport to Phuket, there are less flights to choose from.

If you're having trouble sorting it out, I'd suggest just using a travel agent and paying them a few dollars to contact THAI and see if they can sort it out.

Guernseystu - Air Delaysia -- you hit that one on the head -- we fly them regularly to Bali and I'm yet to have a flight that's been less than an hour late!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by khunwilko on 20/1/2008 at 11:14

Try getting a travel shop to ask them for you....(offer them a tip) - you may e able to change but there could be a fee.

If you don't ASK them you'll never know

#4 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Posted by FonBangkok on 21/1/2008 at 02:20

Try contact their office in Phnom Penh and see whether they can help or not.

Office: THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL
(RESERVATION/TICKETING)
Address: 1F Unit 8A , Regency Complex-A Building
NO. 298 Mao Tse Toung BLVD, Phnom Penh 12306
THE KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
Phone: (855-23) 21 43 59
Fax: (855-23) 21 43 69

#5 FonBangkok has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.