Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

where should we stay on Koh Lanta?

Posted by peregrinus on 27/1/2008 at 18:57

my friend and i are going to spend a few days on Koh Lanta around the middle of february and we’re trying to decide which beach & guesthouse to choose.

for us, a good place would be neither crowded nor deserted. but it would have a relaxed vibe and there’d be:

· some friendly people to mix with, around our ages (late 20s / early 30s);
· occasional games on the beach during the day;
· parties at night within walking distance (but just far enough away so as to allow a good night’s rest!)
· reasonably-priced (yet decent quality) accommodation with some character;
· a good selection of delicious food.

i've visited Koh Lanta before - a few years ago – but i imagine things have changed a bit since then. in any case, i was there during the low season when the place was practically deserted and i ventured no farther south than Phra Ae (Long Beach).

this time, i'd like to try Khlong Nin or one of the southernmost beaches. but i'm concerned that there’ll be few other people around and nothing going on after sunset.

so, i'd be interested to hear about your experience of any of the beaches i’ve mentioned. guesthouse recommendations would also be particularly welcome.

thanks in advance!

#1 peregrinus has been a member since 24/1/2008. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.