Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Suggested itinerary

Posted by alexlazarus on 18/2/2008 at 18:38

Hi Everyone,

I've read all relevant posts, and looked at Travelfish's suggested itineraries, but i was hoping to pick your collective brains as to the best itinerary for us to do at Christmas. We are planning to fly in on the 26th, and spend until the 1st / 2nd Jan on Koh Kut (accomodation will be booked in advance!). Then we wanted to travel northern Thailand - as we will only have about 8 days (is this crazy?), we would fly up to Chang Mai and travel back down. Arriving in Chang Mai on the 2nd Jan and flying out of Bangkok on the 11th. What is unmissable, and where should we stop!

Looking forwdr to your answers,
Alex

#1 alexlazarus has been a member since 18/2/2008. Posts: 30

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/2/2008 at 14:08 admin

Hi Alex,

With eight days you could hang out in Chiang Mai for 2-3 days, head to Pai or Mae Hong Son for a couple of days and then fly back to Bangkok. With just the eight days I wouldn't suggest trying to fit in more than two spots and don't forget to factor in travel time from Ko Kut/Trat back to Bangkok for your flights.

It's not crazy as long as you don't try to fit too much in.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.