Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Kanchanaburi --> Surat Thani?

Posted by susan32 on 26/2/2008 at 23:52

Hi everybody,

I will be traveling to Kanchanaburi in August and from there, I plan to head to the beaches. It seems like the only way I can get there overland is by first returning to Bangkok and then taking an overnight train to Surat Thani. If possible, I'd like to avoid returning to Bangkok. Is there any way that I can do this? For example, catching the overnight train in another location? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Susan

#1 susan32 has been a member since 26/2/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by Tilapia on 27/2/2008 at 04:37

Hi Susan,

No, you don't have to go back to Bangkok to go south. There are a couple of ways for you to get the right connection(s) without having to double back. One was is to grab a bus to Ratchaburi and then hop on the train there. You can get your train ticket while you're in Kanchanaburi, or at any other train station.

Of course, you could just do the whole trip by bus. Easy.

If you go to the train station in Kanchanaburi when you get there, the folks at the station will show you how to get the right connections. They're really nice and accommodating. Do it as soon as you arrive, though. I'd do it there rather than in Bangkok as the folks in K-buri are definitely not as busy as their co-workers in the capital.

Good luck.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,508
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by susan32 on 29/2/2008 at 21:23

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I will definitely do that.

#3 susan32 has been a member since 26/2/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.