Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand in November

Posted by dobdobs on 27/2/2008 at 17:11

I am going to Thailand in November and am planning 2 days in Bangkok before flying to Chang Mai to hopefully do a cookery course and a trek. I am then thinking of flying down to Phuket. I was hoping to get some recommendations for places to stay and things to do. In particular I am worried about Phuket/Phi Phi - are there quiet places that are not so touristy? Or would it be better to go elsewhere?

#1 dobdobs has been a member since 27/2/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/2/2008 at 08:57 admin

One in every three tourists to Thailand go to Phuket, so it's a bit of a challenge dodging the hordes there. If you're happy with backpacker comfort, Yu Nui Beach could be the trick.

On Ko Phi Phi the back beaches on the east coast of the island are your best bet -- she our respective accommodation sections for detailed recommendations.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mikethediver on 23/3/2008 at 19:12

I find Kata not too bad. It still has local restaurants and, of course, a few bars. Although prices start to increase late November/December, it is still possible to find a place around 500 baht away from the beach.

Best to rent a bike to see the island; Sunday lunch at Rawai beach and sunset from view point are worthwhile, and a drive around the islands coast road produces some plesent surprises

#3 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.