Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Langkawi to Ko Lipe - pls help!

Posted by wessatong on 7/3/2008 at 16:36

Hi all,

I'm planning to head to Ko Lipe from Langkawi on the 14th. My questions are:

1) Which ferry would be best for me to take there, the one from Telaga Harbour or the Tigerline ferry from the Kuah Jetty?

2) I know that I'll clear Malaysian immigration at Telaga, but if I depart from Kuah Jetty, do I clear Malaysian immigration from the jetty as well?

3) I read from the Telaga website that all visitors to Ko Lipe have to clear Thai immigration at some resort there. Is that true? What if I take a Tigerline ferry from Kuah Jetty to Ko Lipe: will I have to clear Thai immigration at the resort too?

4) How do I get from that resort to elsewhere after clearing immigration - do I just walk or can I get one of the boats to take me to other beaches?

5) Finally, I have to be in Langkawi by 6 pm Malaysian time on the 18th to catch my flight outta there. Which ferry would be best, and where can I catch it?

If you have any answers to any of those questions, pls let me know!! Thanks!!

#1 wessatong has been a member since 4/3/2008. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.