Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Getting from Suvarnabhumi to Ban Phe for Samet and sleep picks

Posted by spearmintangels on 6/4/2008 at 21:21

Hi

Aside from hiring a taxi to Ban Phe from Suvarnabhumi airport, does anyone know if there's a bus option to Rayong or even better, Ban Phe? If so, how long and how much? My flight gets in at 8.30am and my budget allows for options.

I've also narrowed my sleep picks and would appreciate your input, good or bad, on the following:

Jep's
Ao Phai Hit
Lost Resort
Tubtim Resort (seems to be a hot favourite on a lot of forums)
Pudsa Bungalow

Yes, I've read all the reviews and threads but would appreciate specific input.

Cheers!

#1 spearmintangels has been a member since 17/2/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 7/4/2008 at 06:22

There are buses leaving Mochit which call in at the new transport terminal at Suv (get the minibus shuttle from arrivals) and then go on Rayong. I have a sublink to the timetable towards the bottom of this page - http://tezza-thailandbeachesandislands.blogspot.com/2008/02/ko-samet.html
There is a fair bit of other info and pics on Samet - I stayed at Pudsa and can rec it, particularly the beachfront/rockfront bungalows and I was also impressed by Tubtim.
I stayed at Jeps many years ago - good place, but I thought the beach was getting a bit overdone and noisy when I revisited this February.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.