Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

6 week trip nov dec

Posted by clairehanmer on 7/4/2008 at 07:14

im planning to travel to thailand with a friend in november. i wish to fit in siem reap(cambodia). id love to go to the southern islands too. do a PADI. maybe a full moon/ half moon party.chang mai/pai or somwhere north too?

im concerned about the weather in the south in november. is it still affected by the monsoon?

does anyone have any ideas for an itinary. we have 6 weeks.(i will be heading back to thailand again so if i dont see one or two key places ill do it on my return.

#1 clairehanmer has been a member since 11/3/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/4/2008 at 08:01 admin

Hi Claire,

November on which side of the Thai peninsula -- east or west? I ask because they're affected by different weather patterns. You can see more information on our Thai weather page.

For itineraries, a good place to get started is our Suggested itineraries section.

More questions? ask away!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by clairehanmer on 7/4/2008 at 19:46

hi somtam2000

well id like to do both sides if possible but not sure which route to take.

we arrive early Nov and want to go to Siem Reap i think we will do this as early as possible. or do chang mai/pai then siem reap. a week at each approx.

this then gives us 1 month (17th nov-18th dec) to spend in the south. we'd like a full/half moon party (12 dec)do a PADI and have some really quiet beaches too.

should i go west islands first? advice regarding the weather in the south greatly received.(plus any hot tips on what not to miss) x thanks

#3 clairehanmer has been a member since 11/3/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by tezza on 8/4/2008 at 19:24

Nov is one of my favourite times to visit the Andaman and Central/Eastern Gulf because the wet season has ended/is ending. Not that wet season is a big problem - you could check Crowds are down too - high season usually cranks up thru Dec.
And yep, Samui/Phangan/Tao tend to be wetter in Nov-Dec.
Itineraries depend so much on personal interests, budgets etc that I'm always reluctant to give one. Maybe you could check the WHICH ISLAND THREAD which you can negotiate via the index from the above link to see which ones appeal, and maybe check the ISLAND HOPPING subsection of the same page to see which are easily reached from the previous one if your time is limited.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by clairehanmer on 8/4/2008 at 19:47

thank you tezza

#5 clairehanmer has been a member since 11/3/2008. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.