Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Beach in June?

Posted by michmich11 on 23/4/2008 at 22:32

We will be in Thailand in June and wanted to spend a few days on a Thai beach. We were considering going to the full moon party in Ko Pha Ngan but are reconsidering after this unappealing description:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travelstories/podcast/thailand_full_moon_0607

Would you agree that the full moon party has basically turned into a big frat party? Is it worth going? What other beaches would you suggest visiting in June?

Thanks,
Michelle

#1 michmich11 has been a member since 14/4/2008. Posts: 19

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/4/2008 at 04:36 admin

Yes, I'd agree with the description of the FMP as being a big frat party.

Pretty much any other beach on the island will be better.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by SBE on 24/4/2008 at 05:27

Yes, nothing would incite me to go to a full moon party on KPN. Google Kananga's full moon party pictures if you need any more convincing. There are lots of nice beaches elsewhere on the island, just stay well away from Hat Rin where the party is.

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by 2face on 10/5/2008 at 01:06

A bit late here in replying, but yes,
agreed on all counts with somtam2000 and SBE:

If you've already experienced high school,
and are not that anxious just yet to relive
it, then yes, please, do yourself a favor
and skip the Full Moon Party there.

That thing (what is it, an event?) absolutely
ruined that beach! It was gorgeous, I tell you!

But do try just about any neighboring beach on
the island, as SBE has said.

#4 2face has been a member since 8/11/2007. Posts: 25
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.