Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Month Traveling

Posted by crock on 3/5/2008 at 21:51

Hi

I fly to BKK from Oz early June for 4 weeks backpacking

I intend to go to the Full Moon 28th June and see my family in the Phuket area about 27th (they are moving about for 3 weeks)

Any advise what 2 19 y/o lads (not yobs!)could do taking in as many places as possible and how

(thought about BK to Chiang Mai by train at some pointseems a long journey bak to Phanang ? (sp)

Any tips would be great

thanks

#1 crock has been a member since 3/5/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by crock on 3/5/2008 at 21:53

edit they arrive 27th i will get there asap after the f moon

#2 crock has been a member since 3/5/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 4/5/2008 at 21:21

4 weeks is a long enogh amount of time to see a fair bit of Thailand if you are prepared to take advantage of cheap air travel on AirAsia and similar, overnight sleeeper trains or other overnight transport like Lomprayah's coach-fast catamaran service between Bangkok and Phangan for the party.
Why not have a look at Chiang Mai if that interests you? Bangkok itslelf is always worth a few days, nearby Kanchanaburi, the Bridge on the River Kwai town ditto, and I personally would spend a bit of time on Ko Tao if I was on adjacent Phangan.
But Phangan itself is big enough to take up your whole 4 weeks if you want to really explore the island - http://tezzasthaiinfo.blogspot.com/2006/12/ko-phangan.html

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.