Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand Itinerary and budget

Posted by CJHorn85 on 12/5/2008 at 20:06

Hey all,

I will be travelling to SEA from mid-July to mid September (just under 2 1/2 months). I have posted on Lonely Planet forums, but this site appears to be the best of the best when it comes to SEA, so I thought I would try and get some opinions on here as well.

Since this is the Thailand destination part, I thought I would stick to that, and post my itinerary up for the other countries in the relevant sections. Here is my planned itinerary:

Chiang Mai - 6 days (that includes some days for trekking as well as just the main town itself)
Pai - 4 days
Ayutthaya - 1 day
Bangkok - 3 days
Khao Yai NP - 2 1/2 days
Kanchanaburi - 2 days

What do people think of this? Anything I should add, change etc? I know I haven't involved the islands, but I figure I will do this on another trip. I want to do some trekking and stuff obviously, but also take in bits of the culture, and relax at some point.

Also, rough budget for this time if I try to live cheap?

Thanks people. I have posted up other itineraries for Vietnam (24 days), Cambodia (12 days), Laos (11 days)

#1 CJHorn85 has been a member since 9/5/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by packtoofull on 12/5/2008 at 20:42

My only tip would be perhaps shorten the time in Chiang Mai to phaps 4 days and add a day to Pai and to Kanch. Trekking from Pai is a little less "commercial" than Chiang Mai, so you may find it better. Kanch has loads to do and with 3 days you could fin in a bit more, phaps a visit to Hellfire Pass Museum or one of the national parks.

#2 packtoofull has been a member since 16/5/2007. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 39

Posted by jchang on 13/5/2008 at 15:21

Your itinerary looks good. I have 1 suggestion. On your way from Chiang Mai to Ayutthaya, u can visit Sukhothai for a day. Like Ayutthaya, tourists come here for the ancient ruins of the palace and temples. The ruins here are older and also smaller.

#3 jchang has been a member since 11/5/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.