Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Help needed

Posted by Antcull on 14/5/2008 at 17:28

OK....I need loads of advice.

Im a total newb at travelling.
I am visting SE Asia in August for 5 Weeks.
In that time I would like to visit Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Is this too much to fit in to 5 weeks?

I am planning to start in Bangkok and make my way to Siem Reap. Is there anything to see between these two?? If so how long should I plan to get to Siem Reap from Bangkok.

I want to visit Phonm Penh and make my way down to Ho Chi Minh City. I then plan to travel up the coast to Hanoi and make my way back to Bangkok.

My budget is not great so I am a bit concerned about getting from Hanoi back to Bangkok for my flight.

I know this is very vague but I would just like an idea if this is good route to take.

My idea is 2 weeks in Thailand (first and last)
With 3 weeks in Cambodia and Vietnam.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

#1 Antcull has been a member since 14/5/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by SBE on 14/5/2008 at 20:24

The last bit (getting from Hanoi to Bangkok) is easy ...Air Asia. Three flights a day and fares as low as $50 including taxes. http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/home.jsp

It takes a day to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap (via Poipet)and there's not a lot to see en route.
Detailed instructions on how to get there on Tales of Asia.
http://talesofasia.com/cambodia-siemreap-guide.htm

Sorry can;t help with the Vietnam bit.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by packtoofull on 15/5/2008 at 12:06

You'll also find a blow by blow report on SiemReap to Bangkok here.

For general trip advice, see the suggested itineraries section for a starting point.

#3 packtoofull has been a member since 16/5/2007. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 39

Posted by Antcull on 16/5/2008 at 23:51

cool....thanks for the help.
Ive got a basic itinerary sorted i think

#4 Antcull has been a member since 14/5/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.