Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

phuket town

Posted by apollo on 24/7/2008 at 16:12

At last phuket town is taking of, a great mix here, where east meets west...
Had a great night in the famous o'malley's, 3 floors of fun..jammin is now there too, offering live music everynight, though i prefered the viper room on level 2....If you prefer to chill with your friends then level 3 is for you, pool tables, and a stylish vip room....
There is the roxy bar, here you will find the farang's, similar to micheal's though roxy bar does suit the young more...
Note that the farang's around these bars do tend to moan, drink and know all too much!!!!
Phi phi here we come...

#1 apollo has been a member since 24/7/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by tezza on 24/7/2008 at 18:39

Thanks for the info. Most people head to the beaches for some action - good to know of some places in town. Particularly useful to us who use Phuket town as an overnighter on the way from out of Phuket to Phi Phi etc.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by river2702 on 29/8/2008 at 22:18

Yeah there are really nice places in Phuket town. If you like clubs Timber Hut's a nice place with live music every day. Mostly farangs and some Thais. Not so expensive and good for dancing. If you prefer more chill out or feel like conversation, Roxy Bar is a great option. Music is fantastic there, which is mostly rock. Free Pool and Hi-Fi. I was also happy with the prices. Not expensive at all. Friendly atmosphere, friendly people.

#3 river2702 has been a member since 29/8/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by travelrock on 1/9/2008 at 07:34

I found the food in Phuket Town to be great. Hotel options werent much good though.

#4 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.