Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Gecko's Tour advice

Posted by LouieJean on 9/8/2008 at 07:08

I am planning to travel with Gecko's adventures in January, looking at the 17 day Thailand-Laos-Camodia trip. I will be flying out of Bangkok, but the trip ends in Phnom Penh, is there a simple cheap way to get to Bangkok for an amerture traveller? The other option is doing just the Thailand-Laos leg which is a shorter round trip. Has anyone done these particular tours? Is Cambodia worth the extra $ and time? I would love the balls to just go solo but past experiences have pointed me towards small relaxed groups. Also, is it worth a look to Phuket, it seems to be a bit hyped but I don't want to go all the way over there and regret not making the south trip. I love my beaches, snorkling, and am a very keen photographer. Any suggestions?

#1 LouieJean has been a member since 9/8/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/8/2008 at 09:23 admin

Cheapest easy way is to fly with AirAsia from Phnom Penh to Bangkok. Overland, you can do by bus or bus/boat combo via Siem Reap. If the tour already covers Cambodia before finishing in Phnom Penh, then flying back is probably the easiest bet as I assume you will have already seen Battambang and Siem Reap.

Cambodia is very easy to travel in solo, and in my opinion there's little need to do it as a group, but obviously a lot do.

Phuket is pretty built up and I'd say there are many better islands in Thailand. See our Thai Islands page for summaries and links off to more detailed coverage.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.