Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

From Bangkok Airport to downtown - 4 of us travelling

Posted by downundergal on 15/8/2008 at 15:21

Hi all,
In the past with 2 of us we have used the Airport bus but this time we are 4 including my mum in law who is 74 so I am looking for an easy and hassle free transfer after flying in from London.
Can 4 of us fit in a taxi with 2 backpacks & 2 suitcases? Or would we need to take a private car or van, if so can anyone recommend a reputable company?
Thanks.

#1 downundergal has been a member since 28/2/2005. Location: Australia. Posts: 15

Posted by nikita600f on 15/8/2008 at 17:27

Hi there,

I'm myself am going to Thailand, and I was also looiking for a reliable taxi company.
I've managed to arrange a taxi via the travel agency (or via the hotel you booked) and offen they can offer you a taxi or an alternative for a reasonable price (so no hassling at the airport) at about 15 euro (sorry I'm from Europe).
I suggest you look at sereval websites fot taxis to get a feeling for the cab prices (starts at 35 THB, and for about 5 euro you can drive around Bangkok for an hour, but you really need to negotiate at the airport!)http://www.imagelimo.com/rates.htm http://www.bangkok-hotels-bangkok.com/bangkok-taxi-airport/

Far cheapest is the BTS-skytrain: 10-40 THB per ticket.

I choose a taxi, because after 15 hours of flight I do not care about a few extra bugs :-)

Good Luck

#2 nikita600f has been a member since 28/5/2008. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/8/2008 at 18:11 admin

Easiest way is the Airport Limo -- 700B last time I checked -- you won't miss the signs for them -- there's one every 20m throughout the airport -- get grandma to pay ;-)

But, if Grandma is on the agile side (or baulks at 700B), I'd go for a standard taxi from the official rank out front -- it's amazing how much luggage they can fit into a car, and they'll fit four brits in no probs.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.