Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Discovery Airpass

Posted by katchakeepah on 7/9/2008 at 02:04

I will be in Thailand in January for two weeks. Is investing in an airpass worth the money since I will only be in the country for 2 weeks? I am interested in Phuket, Ko Lanta, and Ko Adang.

#1 katchakeepah has been a member since 7/9/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by apsetours on 7/9/2008 at 21:51

definitely not worth as the pass will not allow u to travel vice versa on the same route... i reckon that ur flight to thailand will arrive in bkk which then u can get connecting flight with thaiair.com or airasia.com(plz make sure to pre purchase the baggage allowace which is half cheaper that to pay direct at the airport) to phuket and from phuket u can transport urself by land to koh lanta or anywhere around that region and when finish u can just buy off another one way back to bkk .. work out to be much much cheaper and for the airpass which i assume with bangkok airways is difficult to chage of the itin due to the high season of that period and they only use a smaller aircraft and the pass require a minimum of 3 coupons which means u need to travel urself 3 flights where getting u phuket only need just one return trip enough... plz enjoy ur visit to thailand...

#2 apsetours has been a member since 1/9/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by idreamofdurian on 7/9/2008 at 23:40 TF writer

Ko Adang is lovely - I highly recommend the islands with National Park accommodations. The close by Ko Tarutao is also very nice.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.