Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Discovery Airpass

Posted by katchakeepah on 7/9/2008 at 02:04

I will be in Thailand in January for two weeks. Is investing in an airpass worth the money since I will only be in the country for 2 weeks? I am interested in Phuket, Ko Lanta, and Ko Adang.

#1 katchakeepah has been a member since 7/9/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by apsetours on 7/9/2008 at 21:51

definitely not worth as the pass will not allow u to travel vice versa on the same route... i reckon that ur flight to thailand will arrive in bkk which then u can get connecting flight with or make sure to pre purchase the baggage allowace which is half cheaper that to pay direct at the airport) to phuket and from phuket u can transport urself by land to koh lanta or anywhere around that region and when finish u can just buy off another one way back to bkk .. work out to be much much cheaper and for the airpass which i assume with bangkok airways is difficult to chage of the itin due to the high season of that period and they only use a smaller aircraft and the pass require a minimum of 3 coupons which means u need to travel urself 3 flights where getting u phuket only need just one return trip enough... plz enjoy ur visit to thailand...

#2 apsetours has been a member since 1/9/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by idreamofdurian on 7/9/2008 at 23:40 TF writer

Ko Adang is lovely - I highly recommend the islands with National Park accommodations. The close by Ko Tarutao is also very nice.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.