Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand, Cambodia, Laos in October 2008

Posted by Harpreetie on 19/9/2008 at 14:47

Hi guys,

I am planning my trip to Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos in early October 2008. I will be flying into Bangkok and then traveling within the region from there.

My question is related to budget as well as how much time i need to do justice to each place.

I was originally thinking of 6 weeks...starting Oct. 6/7 through Nov. 20th and I think that should be sufficient which case, I want to know what route to it better to go north first and then end up on the beach in south Thailand in November? Also, is October still pretty rainy?

The other option is Oct 1-30th to do Cambodia, Laos, Thailand. Is that going to be too rushed?

Also in terms of budget, is it safe to say that 1,000$ for a month is sufficient...i don't want to rough it too much and would like to stay in a decent guesthouse once in a while.

Also, in terms of planning, I am mostly interested in sightseeing and beaches...not too much into trekking which might help cut out some time.

I guess my concern is that i don't want to tire myself out by doing too much...also if I can fit in southern Vietnam that would be great too as I was there a couple of years ago and covered the north.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

#1 Harpreetie has been a member since 19/9/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by mic59 on 19/9/2008 at 16:40

There's one guesthouse website that you may want to look at. It has a good bit of information including a calendar of festivals. This is at Nong Khai in northeastern Thailand. Nong Khai also has the added advantage of being on the Mekong if you want to take a dinner cruise.

#2 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.