Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ferries from Thailand to Langkawi

Posted by huggomartini on 20/9/2008 at 06:50

Hi there, I know that there are ferries from Satun to Langkawi, I would like to know if there are any from Phuket or Ko Lanta to Langkawi?
Thanks in advance
Cheers

#1 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by idreamofdurian on 20/9/2008 at 14:08 TF writer

Technically yes, but they go via Ko Lipe (Satun) and make a stop on this island. The routes are done by Tiger Line ferries - www.tigerlinetravel.com

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by huggomartini on 20/9/2008 at 18:36

Thank you so much idreamofdurian.

#3 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by idreamofdurian on 20/9/2008 at 23:22 TF writer

No problem - I wrote the Satun / Ko Lipe sections and the new Phuket guide for TravelFish, so feel free to ask me any questions :)

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by aonangmike on 6/10/2008 at 17:20

The Tiger line ferry boat stops at more than Lipe from Lanta. It also makes stops at Ko Ngai, Ko Muk,
Ko Laoliang. These are all great islands; especially Laoliang.

I would recommend emailing Tigerline and asking if they will do one price for Lanta-Langkawi with stop-offs along the way. instead of having to pay for each leg.

this would be great value for travellers; though at the moment they are charging for each island-island section.

#5 aonangmike has been a member since 10/9/2008. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.