Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Lanta for single traveller

Posted by wallas on 21/9/2008 at 04:23

Posted on: today, 22:06 Save
Hello, i'll be spending 3 nights in Phi Phi for New Year meeting up with some friends then i will be moving onto Koh Lanta for 7 nights.

I'll be on my own (33 single guy) i'm looking for the best beach to stay on. Good accomodation, up to 2500 baht a night and some decent nightlife, nothing seedy, just some busy bars.

Will i be best to book my accomodation if arriving on or around the 3/4 th January ? Will places get booked up ?

Thanks for any replies.

Chris

#1 wallas has been a member since 15/8/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8

Posted by swag on 21/9/2008 at 07:26

Chris, Klong Dao is the most populated beach on Lanta. Long beach the next one south I believe is a better beach,especially the northern end. There's lots of casurina trees for shade etc. At that time of year you might be better to book if you decide on a specific place. I stayed at Sayang Beach resort last march which is about in your price range, Had a great a/c bungalow right on the beach.Family run operation with fantastic food.Night time it's easy enough to get a songthaew to Klong Dao where there are plenty of beach bars,with cushions on the sand great music very relaxing.We really enjoyed our week there.Any questions ask away
Regards

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Posted by tezza on 21/9/2008 at 17:10

I'm another fan of Long Beach when it comes to a nice beach with a bit of nightlife. Heaps of good places along the beach - you might google for Lanta Palm Beach for one.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by wallas on 21/9/2008 at 20:37

Thanks for the replies, i'm just going through some reviews on places to stay.

Will there be other single travellers around or is this more a couples and family place ?

I'm not sad and and lonely, honest !! This is my first stop on my way to Japan to go snowboarding for the season, i just need some beach time before i hit the mountains.

Thanks again, any more info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

#4 wallas has been a member since 15/8/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8

Posted by tezza on 24/9/2008 at 19:06

Sure to be a lot of singles at Long Beach and the other popular beaches that time of year.

#5 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by travelrock on 25/9/2008 at 08:31

lots of single? no, tezza is talking nonsense.

When I stayed on Lanta (twice) ghere were hardly any singles. It's a couples island with little nightlife and little to do. 7 nights you would be bored outta your mind.

I went there single and was bored after 2n. I went there with my wife and lasted 4n.

#6 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Posted by wallas on 29/9/2008 at 20:09

Cheers Travelrock,

Which resort/island would you recommend for me ? Would i be best staying on Phi Phi or Railay Beach ?

Is Koh Samet worth a visit ?

Any resorts on Phuket worth a visit ? Apart from Patong, i wasn't a fan, although my last visit was 8yrs ago.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

#7 wallas has been a member since 15/8/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8

Posted by travelrock on 30/9/2008 at 10:21

Samet is ok but not really for singles either.

Depends what you want to do.

If you want to hang out with other backpackers and drink then Haad Rin on Koh Phan Ngan is the place to go. I hated the place but some like it and plenty of people to drink with.

Samui is another option to meet people.

Phi Phi and Railay are busy places where you could meet people and drink. The party scene is a bit of a wank I thought but some people like it.

The quieter islands are good for couples or if you want to lay around and relax.

Koh Chang is another option. Fairly low key nightlife but enough to keep you interested and it's a lot better than Lanta IMO. It's a long way from the south though.

#8 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.