Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Leaving next week

Posted by mic59 on 7/10/2008 at 18:02

I'm going to Thailand on 15th Oct. If anyone can give me a few more tips on what to do I'd appreciate it. At the moment I'm intending to go to Chiang Mai, Soppong, Tham Lod, Nan, Nong Khai and then finish up at a beach, possibly Ban Saphan Yai. I've got 6 weeks, is there anywhere else I should consider? Remembering this is a holiday and I don't want to be rushing around trying to catch connecting buses with a minute to spare.

#1 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by tezza on 8/10/2008 at 18:33

I've got a fair amount of info on beaches and islands in the first link below which may be of assistance to you. Unfortunately nothing on Ban Saphan which I haven't visited, but I'm sure there is a fairly recent thread downpage with a lot of good info. Sounds like a real nice alternative to me.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 9/10/2008 at 15:26

Hi,
Bang Saphan is a really nice unspoilt and fairly unknown place in Thailand. There’s not a great deal to do there but that’s what you go for. :) Rent a moped and explore if thats possible.

While in Chiang Mai you could take a day trip to Mae Teang and Chang Dao (elephants/rivers/hill tribes/caves/views) and if you had plenty of time Doi Inthanon is a good day out too.

Not sure what’s to do in Nong Kai and I have only been there when crossing into Loas.

You don’t mention Bangkok but I will assume you will at least be passing through on the way South. I would recommend Bangkok as a city and also a day trip to Ayuthayya - AMAZING PLACE! (if you like old temples and that)

Also Kanchanaburi is a really interesting place - Bridge over river Kwai, death railway and Erawan national park to name but a few attractions.

Let us know if you have any more specific questions and have a great trip!

Ant.

#3 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.