Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Xmas and New Year in Thailand

Posted by mrkarlholland on 5/11/2008 at 19:57

Hi im off to southeast asia on 1st dec, starting in thailand heading north until xmas then heading to bangkok. However im willing to change my plans if anybody can suggest a good place to spend xmas and new year?

i know of the moon parties but im heading to siem reap very early jan so want to be close to bangkok and not head too far south jus to cut down on my travelling!!

any suggestions for places to stay, bars, clubs, restaurants would help a lot!!

cheers

#1 mrkarlholland has been a member since 17/1/2008. Posts: 9

Posted by Tilapia on 7/11/2008 at 00:12

Why don't you stay closer to the Cambodian border at Christmastime? There's a bunch of islands in Trat Province (Mak, Chang, Wai, for example.) Even Trat would be a nice place to spend Christmas. It's a great little town. Can't guarantee that anything would be going on, though. Guess it depends on what you want.

When I'm there at Christmastime I spend my Christmas' and New Year on the Mekong between Nong Khai and Chiang Khan.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,499
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.