Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Online ferry booking?

Posted by shakester on 17/11/2008 at 15:45

Hi fishers

after a long disconnect from all things travel I am getting a FEW days off so am hopping to Thailand.

Quick question: I fly into Phuket at night (arriv around 7.30pm). I suspect by the time I get to where I am crashing for the night (Karon beach), it will be about 10pm. I need to get out on the morning ferry to Railay (i've checked, since its peak season it seems there is a ferry direct). the only problem is that I arrive too late to go to an agency and buy the next morning's ticket.

Any ideas about where I can possibly get this done online? I have checked with my guesthouse but it seems they are not very forthcoming on buying my ticket and me paying them on arrival.

As always, any hellp appreciated muchly!

happy travels

#1 shakester has been a member since 5/9/2006. Posts: 37

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 26/11/2008 at 17:18

Hi, Riley beach in Krabi? If so, why dont you just fly to krabi instead of Phuket?

If you can't book the ferry the night before I would try getting it in the morning and if you can't you can just get the government bus and get a long-tail boat.

This info might only be good if it is krabi your talking about so sorry if its not.

#2 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.