Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Last minute trip to the Islands!!

Posted by wgiles1 on 24/11/2008 at 04:33

But HELP! I have no idea which one to go to!

My dad is coming out to visit me in Sydney for Christmas, but our plans of renting a campervan and traveling up the coast has been crushed due to the extreme lack of campervans available...argh!! I digress...

I looked online and found some cheap flights to Phuket so here we come!

We are both big divers so we want an island with some great diving and competitive rates. I did my open water on Koh Tao, so I'd like to see some place different. I was thinking Koh Lanta or Koh Phi Phi...but these are just some rough ideas.

I want a good place to relax and enjoy hanging out with my old man, so nothing too insane with all the clubs and such. Just a good place to relax, dive, explore, etc. A far as food and hotel is concerned, we'd like to keep it under 1500 BHT per day if possible. Our plans are to go from 18 Dec to 30 Dec.

Anyone have any good ideas on where to do, where to stay, who do dive with, etc?? Thanks so much for your help!

#1 wgiles1 has been a member since 14/7/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by swag on 24/11/2008 at 11:32

Hi last march I spent 1 week on Koh Lanta. Did 2 separate days diving with Lanta Divers who I can certainly recommend.They are a 5 star Padi centre with good quality gear to use. There's some great sites to dive offshore from Lanta.Google their website. Like Koh Tao the prices are pretty much set from shop to shop.We stayed at Long Beach which is second beach down.Very relaxing probaBly more suited to couples and families but still a great beach.Check here for Koh Lanta info.One of the real pluses was the food as the island is mainly friendly muslims so fantastic curries etc.Plenty of cold beer availble. Any questions ask away etc.

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.