Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

accomodation in koh samet for the long weekend

Posted by poxybolt on 25/11/2008 at 20:26

hello, i am travelling alone to koh samet the day before the king's birthday. should i book a room in advance?

i have been looking through some hotel booking websites, and the cheapest i can find is in Nadan, but i can't seem to get much info on the place. it's called Ban Samet Hill. everything else is listed above 3000B a night.

does anyone have any info on this>
thanks

#1 poxybolt has been a member since 24/11/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/11/2008 at 06:10 admin

Have you looked at our section on Ko Samet ? It has loads of recommendations on places for under 3,000B a night. A reservation would be a good idea, but I'd say not essential.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by HennyHen on 26/11/2008 at 09:04

I just visited Ko Samet last weekend with no reservations at all and we didn't get to the island till 11pm at night. If you are getting into the island during the afternoon then you will have no problem finding a room. There are a ton of places to stay that don't advertise anywhere on the internet. And 3000baht is a steep price; both nights we stayed at bungalows that were only 300baht a night.

Also I would go somewhere besides Nadan because that is the main dock on the island and therefore isn't as laid back as some of the other beaches on the island.

#3 HennyHen has been a member since 26/11/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by poxybolt on 26/11/2008 at 10:51

well, if it wasn't the king's bday long weekend, i certainly would not worry about getting a room in advance...

i have looked at the accommodation section, even tried to call a few places and email. all places i called said they were full, and the emails got a few responses, with prices double of what is mentioned here.

i'm travelling alone, first time in thailand, and coming over just for 10 days. not really equipped to sleep on the beach!

#4 poxybolt has been a member since 24/11/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.