Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Surat Thani airport to ferry pier

Posted by DannyJ on 28/12/2008 at 06:26

Hey everyone, hope people are happy today!!

Just to hear any personal experiences if anyone has done the Surat Thani airport to the ferry pier hop? I know its a piece of piss but was just wondering if anyone had done it recently and could give us a rough idea of cost and time taken etc.? FYI we're arriving in on Air Asia at 1235 and will be heading over to Koh Pang Yang.

Thanks in advance for replying
Peace and love, Danny J

#1 DannyJ has been a member since 5/10/2005. Posts: 36

Posted by DannyJ on 28/12/2008 at 06:29

just realised, if it makes a diff we'll be travelling late Feb 09.
Ta again

#2 DannyJ has been a member since 5/10/2005. Posts: 36

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/12/2008 at 05:44 admin

It really depends on which pier you're leaving from -- do you know what ferry departure you're aiming for?

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by DannyJ on 29/12/2008 at 08:46

Hi somtam!

I am under the impression that there is a boat at approx 3:30pm? hoped we might be able to make that one??
I also seem to recall (can't remember where i saw it at present) that one of the ferry companies is doing hourly departures now, sound familar to you at all??? Also i beleive most leave from Donsak??

Thanks somtam..

p.s. am passing on the travelfish web address whenever i can, you guys rule!

#4 DannyJ has been a member since 5/10/2005. Posts: 36

Posted by idreamofdurian on 30/12/2008 at 21:47 TF writer

By bus from Surat Thai town it's a bit over an hour to Don Sak... if your flight is on time, you quickly board a bus to Surat, and you immediately get on a Don Sak-bound bus (which shouldn't be hard, as soon as you step off a bus in Surat someone tries to sell you a combo bus/ferry ticket), it should be possible.

The other option, of course, is to hire a taxi from the airport to take you to the Don Sak pier. This is over 60 km though and I have no idea how much a taxi driver would want! 2,000B??

#5 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by ryanlai on 9/2/2012 at 08:18

i wanted to ask how long its take from surat thani air port to don sak pier ?? normally how much does it charge? can any one help me please.....

#6 ryanlai has been a member since 9/2/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by captainbkk on 17/2/2012 at 02:40

newbie ryan-it is very duuhh to threadjack old posts and ask new.
do NOT worry-you simply open eyes after arrival-follow the crowd-there are by now plenty of all-in vans=minibuses bringing you str8 to ferry or even onto the isle-just go to desk, buy ticket (while waiting for luggage to come off)-then follow crowd-your freindly driver will already have found you. tipically only neverbeenthere anxious people worry about that and ask-when in TH youll find it is all pretty much made utmost foolproof for analfabets. The above about changing buses and taxis (there are not even taxis there) is all old nonsense. You pay a few 100 bt.

#7 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.