Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand in 9 days... advice please

Posted by southafrican on 29/12/2008 at 12:41

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,
Im off to Thailand for 9 days only unfortunately so Im looking for a beach holiday of note.... I want to try to have a bit of a mix of comercialized partying islands and also islands that are less commercialized where I can chill.
I land in Phuket... any advice on where to start or where to go would greatly be appreciated. I leave Thailand via Bangkok.
Any rough itinerary to follow would really appreciated!

#1 southafrican has been a member since 26/10/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by msylak on 30/12/2008 at 11:21

Party in Patong beach in Phuket. To me Railay beach in Krabi is prettiest in Thailand. Of course, I haven't been to all of them. If you dive or snorkle, take a boat from Phuket to the Surin Islands. Every time I go, there's plenty of sea creatures to gaze at. I would avoid Phi Phi due to the number of visitors. It's pretty but the beaches are crawling with people like ants and the waters full of boats. Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday!

#2 msylak has been a member since 31/10/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 30/12/2008 at 20:13

If you have only 9 days and you are going to Phuket and want some commercial entertainment and chilled beaches my advice would be this...

...Stay in Patong and rent a moped. :)

#3 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 30/12/2008 at 21:35 TF writer

Only 9 days? I'm going to agree with Phuket then... it's a big island with beaches ranging from party central Patong, lower-key places with equally great beaches like Kamala or Kata, and a few remaining Robinson-Crusoe spots like Mai Khao bungalows and Ya Nui.

Check out the (free) info here, plus there's a new PDF guide from Sept '08:

https://www.travelfish.org/province/thailand/southern_thailand/phuket

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by travelrock on 6/1/2009 at 22:59

kata beach is better and then do daytrips, however an overnight trip to khao sok would be good

#5 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.