Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

What island?

Posted by paulshuttle on 29/12/2008 at 21:39

Im looking for an island, not budget mid range, as end of our hectic trip to chill for a few days!! Just me and the lady! Want quiet beaches some cool sites, good snorkeling, not massively party mad!!

Any suggestions? IM goin in august so it has to be on the east to avoid some rain!!!

Any help would be lovely!!

#1 paulshuttle has been a member since 24/12/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by tezza on 1/1/2009 at 17:34

"Want quiet beaches some cool sites, good snorkeling, not massively party mad!!"
The islands which have this combination (assuming snorkelling off the beach) - Ko Kradan, Ko Ngai, Ko Bulon Lae, Ko Laoliang (nb - luxury tent resort only), east coast of Phi Phi, and the National Park islands of Ko Adang, the Similans and Surins.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by chithanh119 on 10/1/2009 at 16:38

Posted from within Vietnam.

I suggest you should visit Ko Kradan ISland

#3 chithanh119 has been a member since 15/10/2008. Posts: 4
 Website 

Posted by SBE on 10/1/2009 at 19:38

Err .... he said August...East coast....why no mention of Ko Tao?

The Surins and Similans national parks are CLOSED in August and do not have what I'd call mid range facilities anyway...camping or very expensive (2000B) bungalows with rock hard beds and cold showers.

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.