Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Accomodation in Mo Chit Bus Station area in Bangkok?

Posted by leser on 6/1/2009 at 04:01

I'll be arriving in BKK at night on 09/02/2009 and the following morning (VERY early moring) I'm planning to travel by coach from Mo Chit to Cambodian border. This is why I want to stay close to the station in some cheap (up to 500B) guesthouse. Any suggestions guys? Thank you!

#1 leser has been a member since 6/1/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by Thaiman on 6/1/2009 at 16:38

Hi leser.Been to Morchit many times and can't say I know of any accomodation in the area.You don't say what time you arrive Suvarnabhumi but by the time you leave the airport you may be better off just to bite the bullet and go direct to Morchit.

#2 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201
 Send Thaiman a private message 

Posted by leser on 6/1/2009 at 19:27

I'll be landing at 19:00 and don't realy fancy spending a night neither on the airport's nor stations's bench or floor (my coach departs at 4:30am from Mo Chit).

#3 leser has been a member since 6/1/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by exacto on 6/1/2009 at 22:36

since your bus departs so early in the morning, you might consider just staying in a central location where you can easily find a taxi to take you to Mo Chit. traffic should not be a big problem that time of the morning, so being near the bus station isn't as important as it would be mid day.

like Thaiman says, many of the flights i've taken to Thailand arrived after midnight, so the suggestion of heading straight to the bus station was a solid one, particularly under those circumstances.

there are quite a few buses and even trains that make the trip to Aranyaprathet throughout the day if that 0430 departure proves to be too much. cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Tilapia on 8/1/2009 at 06:02

KT Guest House is about a 10 minute cab ride, or less, from Chatuchak and Morchit. Nice spot. Great night market nearby (Huay Kwang.)

http://www.ktguesthouse.com/

The site says that it is about a 30 minute cab ride, but I rode my bike to Chatuchak from there in less than 10 minutes, and Morchit is just a few minutes beyond there. You'll be pretty close.

#5 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,508
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by leser on 9/1/2009 at 22:28

Thanks guys for your help. I'm gonna go for Asha Guesthouse located just 4km from Mo Chit. Decent looking rooms for under 400B.
Take care.

#6 leser has been a member since 6/1/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by exacto on 10/1/2009 at 04:20

leser,

will you please let us know what you think of the guesthouse after you stay there? how easy was it to find a taxi that early, etc.? that could be great info for the mo chit/chatuchak market crowd. regards.

#7 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685

Posted by leser on 12/1/2009 at 18:50

->exacto

I definitely will when I get back.
Unless you're suggesting that there WILL be a problem with catching a tuk-tuk or taxi before 4am?

#8 leser has been a member since 6/1/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by exacto on 13/1/2009 at 01:06

sorry. did not mean to sound an alarm.

if this place is near a main road, getting a taxi should not be a problem. however, if you are in a quiet area away from traffic, it is something you'll want to consider and plan for. i suspect in that case the guesthouse will be able to help arrange that for you. cheers.

#9 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.