Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

need help with my quick thailand trip

Posted by adam27 on 11/1/2009 at 17:07

Hi

I am planning a Thailand trip in April for about 2 weeks. Fly in to Bangkok for a few nights (any recommendations for how many nights and any must see's while there??) Then we want to end up at a southern beach (Ko Samui or somewhere) at the end for around 5 nights.

We have 3 or 4 nights in between that I want to fill. Any advice for some recommended options would be appreciated!

A

#1 adam27 has been a member since 11/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/1/2009 at 07:49 admin

Hi A,

A good place to start is the suggested itineraries section which has, well, suggested itineraries!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by blpratt on 14/1/2009 at 19:20

Just a quick recommendation: If you decide it might be easier to book through one of the many "TAT" offices in Bangkok, please don't do it. We got ripped off by Unseen Travel in Bangkok by Khao San road, of course it was partly our own fault for believing a word of it, so just use sense. If they are charging you a ridiculous amount, no matter how much they assure you that your accomodations are "beachside, very nice, air con, hot water, good deal in high season" walk away. The accommodations they booked were rubbish and actually cost about a third of what we paid through Unseen Travel. I'm not sure why we used a travel agency in the first place, but hopefully this helps someone else from falling for the scam.

#3 blpratt has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 21:44

1 read this site
2 buy a guide book
3 dont book too much ahead

#4 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.