Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hotels Near Suvarnabhumi

Posted by mhoughton on 12/1/2009 at 10:08

Hi

We are looking to stay near the airport (new) to avoid the Bangkok bussle as we arrive late and intend to fly to Chiang Mai soon after. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is within walking distance of good food (markets or whatever)and also provides a left luggage service so we can travel around Thailand and Vietnam without it.

Thanks

#1 mhoughton has been a member since 12/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by Thaiman on 12/1/2009 at 16:50

If you're going to Chiang Mai I'm pretty certain you'd be flying from the old airport[Don Muang]and in that case you'd be better off going into Bangkok.More choice there anyway.

#2 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201

Posted by exacto on 13/1/2009 at 01:20

hey m,

there's a nifty feature article on travelfish called something like How do I get a Hotel near Bangkok Airport. it mostly lists choices near Suvarnabhumi but has some options for Don Muang as well. it's at:

https://www.travelfish.org/feature/120

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,649
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by mhoughton on 13/1/2009 at 04:19

Thaiman I am flying Airasia and they only fly into and out of Suvarnabhumi.

#4 mhoughton has been a member since 12/1/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.