Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Chang Weather

Posted by adam27 on 16/1/2009 at 09:51

I am planning to head to Ko Chang in mid April and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather is like around then?
I have read its very hot and that the wet season starts in May- But i dont want to head there if the rain actually starts in April.

#1 adam27 has been a member since 11/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by Thaiman on 16/1/2009 at 11:29

Hi Adam
The build up to the wet season usually begins in April so it will be very hot and sticky.Probably won't get consistant rain but perhaps the odd shower or thunderstorm.

#2 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201
 Send Thaiman a private message 

Posted by travelrock on 18/1/2009 at 19:48

June is the start of the worst weather. April is hot and May a bit of rain.

Low season prices dont start at many chang resorts until june so you'll be paying high season prices.

#3 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Posted by exacto on 19/1/2009 at 00:00

I went to the new Weatherfish animated weather page and it is just as these gentlemen stated. April is pretty hot, with daily highs of 33 degrees. But the rain is still mild in April, averaging only 173 mm and usually raining only 13 days out of the 30. Compare that with June and July and their 903 mm of rain over 26 days. Brutal.

By the way, that was my first time navigating the new website, and I thought it was pretty painless. The animated weather map is a real keeper. It's at:
(not sure if possible to make that link live on the new site or not)

April is the hottest month in Thailand in my experience. Plus, if you are travelling over the Lunar (Songkran) New Year holiday that runs a few days before and after April 15th, expect prices to be high, places to be full, and transport to be fully booked. Plan ahead if you can. Cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by exacto on 19/1/2009 at 00:02

oops. well, the link sort of went live, but not like i had planned. there is supposed to be a new feature that allows editing as well, but until i figure that out, sorry. regards.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/1/2009 at 06:09 admin

Hmm not sure why that didn't work. You should just be able to post links and they'll go live. Like this (I think)

#6 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.