Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

bangkok to aranya prathet to poipet to siem reap

Posted by joaomacau on 16/1/2009 at 23:28

hello guys!please help me with some info for my itinerary:from bangkok to aranyaprathet then cross the border to poipet,cambodia. is there bus going directly to aranyaprathet or is it much convenient for me to go to northern bus terminal, and what's is the last trip for both terminal?any suggestions please i really appreciate it....thanks guys!more power.....

#1 joaomacau has been a member since 16/1/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by Tilapia on 17/1/2009 at 09:30

There are lots of buses going directly to Aranyaphrathet each day from Morchit, the Northern Bus Terminal. You could also go by train, 3rd class all the way. It's more fun.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,508
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by exacto on 17/1/2009 at 09:30

Hey Joao,

This question comes up a lot. You might want to start by reading the feature article on How Do I Get from Bangkok to Siem Reap? You'll find it at:

https://www.travelfish.org/feature/71

You might also want to look through previous posts on this topis to see what others have said about this. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by joaomacau on 17/1/2009 at 09:54

To Tilapia and Exacto....

Guys thanks for the info....cheers!

#4 joaomacau has been a member since 16/1/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by paulspad2002 on 27/1/2009 at 09:19

the train leaves bkk hualomphong terminal at 5.55 am im almost sure each
morning as this is the one i caught to get the train to poipet myself...
its about 75 baht and then u can get the tuk tuk to the border....but dont tell them u nned a visa, if u already have obne then fine but u can get the visa at the border....
its $20usd for a cambodian one....$25 usd with coms..
from poipet u can get the bus to siem reap....if u dont get the 5.55am train then u wont have time to get the bus to siem reap and u certainly dont want to be staying over at poipet believe me its a dogheap of a town

#5 paulspad2002 has been a member since 8/7/2008. Posts: 21

Posted by CunningMcFar on 28/1/2009 at 00:01

there's also a very comprehensive guide to the overland journey on Tales of Asia:
www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-overland.htm
has been updated as recently as Jan 17, with road conditions, etc.

#6 CunningMcFar has been a member since 20/8/2004. Posts: 163
 Send CunningMcFar a private message   Where has CunningMcFar been? 

Posted by joaomacau on 28/1/2009 at 09:32

paulspad2002 and CunningMcFar thank you very much for the updated info....MOre power to both of you guys!cheers!

#7 joaomacau has been a member since 16/1/2009. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.