Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai

Posted by DannyJ on 22/1/2009 at 11:46

Hey people!
So everyone has heard of the Tiger Temple in KanChan, but how about the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai?? JUst arrived in CM and am seeing adverts all over the place,am interested but having heard stories about the KanChan Temple place and how the tigers aren't kept in proper conditions, was wondering if anyone has personally been to the Kingdom and can say how well the tigers there are treated??
Might get an answer 'on the ground' soon but no-one i've spoken to has actually been there!
Thanks for your help!
Peace and love, DannyJ

#1 DannyJ has been a member since 5/10/2005. Posts: 36

Posted by exacto on 22/1/2009 at 11:54

hi danny!

there has been quite a bit of lively discussion lately about these types of things in general and the tiger temple place in kanchanaburi specifically. most folks seem to agree that these places don't treat their animals properly, although nobody mentioned the tiger kingdom in chiang mai by name so don't want to make it guilty by association.

will you let us know what you find out? keep us posted on your thai boxing career too while you are at it. cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by chocolatemonkee on 26/1/2009 at 21:45

Hey Danny,
let us know if you go. My wife and I were looking at going just to compare it to the Tiger Temple.

#3 chocolatemonkee has been a member since 11/12/2008. Location: Canada. Posts: 11
 Send chocolatemonkee a private message 

Posted by travelrock on 27/1/2009 at 06:14

never heard of it

#4 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Posted by thaiyaikit on 27/1/2009 at 20:03

Is this the place which is now in the news after a tourist was bitten by a tiget cub and has had several dozen stitches in her leg?

#5 thaiyaikit has been a member since 20/9/2008. Posts: 32

Posted by amz155 on 28/1/2009 at 01:46

#6 amz155 has been a member since 30/8/2006. Posts: 111

Posted by DannyJ on 28/1/2009 at 14:58

Interesting article! Pretty sure thats the same place i'm mentioning, think i'm going to skip it, have always wondered why people don't get bitten by what are essentially wild animals. Hope the lady recovers soon, peace and love, DannyJ

#7 DannyJ has been a member since 5/10/2005. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.