Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Shambara or Refill now

Posted by simonmobiledisco on 3/2/2009 at 23:55

I am arriving in Bangkok for the first time on Friday.

What would be the best start for a novice solo traveller.

Looking somewhere where I can mingle with people and find some people to go out with and am planning to go to the Muay Thai as well.

I am planning on being in BK for 3 days then heading south.

#1 simonmobiledisco has been a member since 16/1/2009. Posts: 19

Posted by chocolatemonkee on 4/2/2009 at 02:00

If you want to be around fellow travelers than you are probably better off to head to Khao San Road. Get a cheap room, check out the Grand Palace, Wat Arun, the reclining Buddha, Jim T house, etc.
We went exploring around the palace and along the waterfront and found saw some interesting sights along the way.
I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with others if that's your intention.

If you aren't into partying, I still would suggest you head to Khao San to check it out and then still go off exploring. If you are coming back through BKK when you leave, perhaps check out MBK or Siam Center if you want to do some shopping.

How long you in Thailand for?

#2 chocolatemonkee has been a member since 11/12/2008. Location: Canada. Posts: 11
 Send chocolatemonkee a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/2/2009 at 05:53 admin

Of the two you mention, Shambara would be the better choice in my opinion.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by simonmobiledisco on 4/2/2009 at 23:06

I am certainly into partying! Also into culture!

Shambara is booked up so need to find something similar. Want somewhere that is good to sleep in a (relatively quiet room), but somewhere to meet others in the same boat and have some fun. Recommendations

#4 simonmobiledisco has been a member since 16/1/2009. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.