Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Short trip on way back from Australia

Posted by citizen on 25/2/2009 at 22:40

Hi

I have around 8 - 10 days and would like to see/do the following:

1. Temples and Buddhas
2. Very interested in food / cooking (perhaps a course)
3. Probably some diving
4. Spend at least a couple of days in Bangkok
5. Basically chill out with the option to do some other things if the mood takes me...

Originally I'd thought spend some time in bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Chaing Mai, Ko Tao.. but I'll end up spending all my time on trains, buses; and in airports.

So - perhaps more reasonably I'm thinking 2 / 3 days in Bangkok, a side trip north to Ayut', and then head down to Ko Chang for the remainder.. I'd still like to do the rest but I think it's just too much for a trip[ of that length.

Do you think I'll be able to see / do what I'd like to in those places - any alternative ideas? (Is it possible / worth it to do a short side trip into Cambodia from e.g. Trat / Ko Chang?)

Many thanks

#1 citizen has been a member since 25/2/2009. Posts: 12

Posted by Thaiman on 26/2/2009 at 14:35

If I were you I'd decide what I really want to see and do.8-10 days is really not very long.Spend 2-3 days in Bangkok,a couple of days in Ayuttiah and another couple in Kanchanaburi and that's 6-7 days gone.If you really want to go diving spend the couple of days in Bangkok and then head to an Island,Ko Chang for example.Any other way and you'll just be travelling the whole time.

#2 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201
 Send Thaiman a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/2/2009 at 18:32 admin

Agree with thailand -- either Ko Chang or Ko Samet -- if you want to see Angkor Wat, then I'd skip Ayutthaya and do that first -- so something like:
Bangkok -> Siem Reap (overland or fly)
Siem Reap -> Ko Chang
Ko Chang -> Bangkok

The following stories will be helpful re logistics:
Bangkok to Siem Reap: https://www.travelfish.org/feature/71
Siem Reap to Ko Chang: https://www.travelfish.org/feature/111

Hope that helps!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by citizen on 4/3/2009 at 20:34

Many thanks for the replies..

Complete change of plans and am going to go for 4 weeks now - hooray!

#4 citizen has been a member since 25/2/2009. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.