Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

HELP! Where can I get a lithium-ion camera battery in Chiang Mai?

Posted by Lornie on 8/3/2009 at 16:41

I arrived in Chiang Mai this morning and I stupidly left my camera battery in Bangkok! I need to get a rechargable battery for a Panasonic Lumix TZ5 camera. Any ideas? I visited every camera/electronic shop in Plaza Airport shopping centre in Chiang Mai but nobody had a compatible battery. Any ideas much appreciated. I didn't bring a spare with me so I can't take any photos of my trip!!!

#1 Lornie has been a member since 1/5/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/3/2009 at 07:57 admin

I'd try Panthip Plaza on Changklan Rd - It's the Chiang Mai version of the bigger electronics mall in Bangkok.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by neosho on 9/3/2009 at 10:17

You may also find that if you bought the camera outside Thailand then the battery is geared to your particular country and then would not have a market to sell them in Thailand. I looked for a spare battery for mine in China. The battery said "made in China". After a futile search in dawned on me that the battery was made for the electrical system in America so would not likely be availabe in China. I do wish you luck though.

#3 neosho has been a member since 13/8/2008. Posts: 386

Posted by Lornie on 9/3/2009 at 14:20

I didn't realise how difficult it would be to find a battery for my camera! I think you are right neosho, there just isn't the market here for them because I have tried in so many shops here. But I finally found a battery in Big Camera Shop in Panthip Plaza, thank goodness! Thanks Stuart. Travelfish saves the day again!

#4 Lornie has been a member since 1/5/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.