Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand VISA FEE Waiver Program and re-rentry extensions

Posted by Kostichka on 12/3/2009 at 03:33

I just got a 60 day tourist visa free of charge at a Thai consulate (outside) Thailand but valid only for single entry. I am a national of one of the countries that can get 14day visa upon arrival. The consul told me that I can get re-entry stamps (for a fee of course) in immigration offices. I will need two more entries (total of 3).

I would like to know how long does the procedure take? Are there any restrictions on number on re-entries? Can I get multiple re-entry stamps simultaneously in one visit?

Thank you

#1 Kostichka has been a member since 26/2/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/3/2009 at 07:29 admin

Hi Kostichka,

I didn't realise you could get a re-entry stamp on a tourist visa -- the cost of a single re-entry permit is 1,900B from memory (at least that's what it was for non-immigrant visas last time I checked) I'm not sure what a multiple re-entry permit costs (it will be more!) though again, I'm not sure you can get that for a tourist visa.

That said, if you're eligible for a 14 day visa on arrival, it may work out better to mix and match with visa on arrival and your single entry tourist visa to get enough mileage out them to cover your full 30-day stay.

There's no limit on re-entries -- basically you either get a single re-rntry permit, or a multiple -- the multiple is good for endless re-entries within your visa period.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,643
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.