Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

a bit complicated luggage storage question :)

Posted by coconutty on 29/3/2009 at 00:32

so i want to leave a bag for my friend who will be reaching thailand 23 days after i leave. i won't see him during those 23 days. yes, there are a million places to leave your luggage, but where can i leave it so that someone else picks it up?
oh, i mean in bangkok, preferably banglumphu area. thanks

#1 coconutty has been a member since 30/10/2006. Posts: 5

Posted by amazon_blonde on 29/3/2009 at 07:33

Your hotel or guesthouse in Bangkok may be willing to do it. Ours held our bag for 6 weeks. They may be open to having someone else pick it up; I'm mean, it's not their stuff and if you want to have someone else get it, that's your business. I would expect that they might want a name, and if they are very concientious they might ask him or her for ID. Travel agents and tour agencies might also do it. I suspect that you'll find a number of places that are willing to do it, even ones that are willing to have someone else pick it up, and the catch will be finding someplace you trust. Our hotel was ideal, because after a few days, we had the sense that the staff was pretty trustworthy. But still, I wouldn't leave anything terribly valuable behind.

#2 amazon_blonde has been a member since 20/12/2008. Posts: 116

Posted by coconutty on 29/3/2009 at 20:13

thanks. yes, that was my thought too, but my place won't do it for some reason (keep shaking their heads and giggling), so i'm off to try other places, just thought there might be someone who has done this before and knows a place that will do it for sure.

#3 coconutty has been a member since 30/10/2006. Posts: 5

Posted by sirhalberd on 29/3/2009 at 20:54

I used to use the Sukhumvit Crown Hotel to store a bag for me. I did this for years until they raised their rates and I moved on to a cheaper place that is more permanent. The Sukhumvit Crown is located not far from the Nana Skytrain stop. It is between Soi 6 and Soi 8. You can see from the Nana Skytrain, it is the tall brick building behind the never completed parking garage.

A hotel will often store a bag for their customer expecting that he will return for another booking. This means that you spend the night with them and when you check out you ask them to store the bag until you return to book another room with them. So you would have to tell them that your friend will be the one who picks up the bag and perhaps you might want to even book a room in his name. Tell the senior desk clerk what you intend to do.

Or you can take the bag home and just transfer it to him in person.

#4 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295
 Send sirhalberd a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.