Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Honeymoon during rainy August. Please help!! :)

Posted by yuree830 on 2/4/2009 at 01:44

I'm so very torn as to where to have our honeymoon in Phuket as it's the rainy season. I know there will be sporadic showers and nice days, but we're looking for calm, clear swimming waters..but i heard most of the west beaches have big waves/undercurrents. Any suggestions? How about phiphi island or krabi? Are the beaches there calmer/clearer for swimming/snorkeling?

Thanks!!! any help would be appreciated!!

#1 yuree830 has been a member since 2/4/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/4/2009 at 08:20 admin

I'd be looking at the east coast in August -- Ko Samui Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao all have terrific weather in August -- not Phuket.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,643
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tezza on 2/4/2009 at 17:16

Yep, Samui area islands are usually the better bet.
Krabi and Phi Phi are in the same weather zone as Phuket - BUT - the laid back east coast is on the sheltered side of the island from the prevailing winds so conditions here in wet season are usually quite nice in the frequent sunny spells. Got some pix from a previous August there on 2 pages in the link below. This coast has good snorkelling off the beach too, but is pretty isolated from town if you want to shop or party.
Both Laem Tong and Loh Bakeo there have some very nice midrange and upmarket accomm. Check TRAVELFISH
's Phi Phi pages for flashpacker Relax Resort and budget Toh Koh Resort.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by yuree830 on 2/4/2009 at 22:31

Thank you soo much for the feedback! Very helpful! Someone suggested going to the southern end of Phuket (around rawaii beach) How are the waters over there?
Samui island...are they as nice as the areas around phuket?

Thanks again!

#4 yuree830 has been a member since 2/4/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.