Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

anyone stay at Sarikantang Reosrt on Ko Phangan?

Posted by truesd10 on 23/4/2009 at 08:41

Hey guys,
I just wanted to know if anyone has recently stayed at Sarikantang Resort on Ko Phangan. I want to go to the fullmoon party in August and came across this place. I wanted to know some recent reviews of it or any other recommendations people might have. I want a nicer place for a week since this will be my splurge. So any suggestions are great!

#1 truesd10 has been a member since 20/4/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 11

Posted by kris619 on 26/4/2009 at 18:39

Well dude,
i am not sure about sarikantang, but i strongly recommened you to choose ur hotel abit farther, i.e. around haad rin nai, which is just 10 min walk to full moon party, and also after you finish partying, u just can come to hotel for a good sleep. the hotel in hard rin Phanganburi resort and spa, its great. Near to fullmoon party but still very peace environment.
Guess what? they also have promotion in fullmoon party. if you book though their website, they will manage free transfer to resort frm/ to pier and free taxi to full moon. and 2 bootles of beers ..
Isn't that great. ? i experienced all this on the march fullmoon, so u can go to there website in www.phanganburiresort.net and check the promotion. i think it will help you..
cheers !!

#2 kris619 has been a member since 26/4/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by busylizzy on 27/4/2009 at 03:17

Hi truesd10.

I stayed there for a couple of days a year ago and found it really nice. It was my one splurge as well, in terms of accomodation - nice clean rooms, excellent food in the restaurant, and a nice swimming pool. The beach looked OK although I didn't go swimming there (only because I preferred the pool!) I can't recall if others were swimming there or not.

I wasn't there for a fullmoon party so I'm not sure where they are held. The resort is about a 10min walk from town and unless there is a party held on the beach right in front of the hotel I would doubt that you would be affected by noise from a party.

I would definitely go back to Sarikantang Resort - and think it's a great choice if you want something a step up from the usual backpacker places.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.