Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Single travelling, koh samui/koh phangan advice?!

Posted by summers357 on 23/5/2009 at 23:50

I am a female travelling alone to Koh Samui for a few weeks at the beginning of July...i'm after any advice anyone can give me really! Where is best to stay? Somewhere cheap (with hot water!), friendly (possibly to meet some like-minded people!) and by the beach. A lot of places seem to be set up for familes/couples and i'd rather meet other groups/single travellers.

I would love to take a dive course out there however have been told Koh Tao may be best for this...there is also a full moon party on the 9th July on Koh Phangan which means i'll probably be doing some island hopping. What are people thoughts on accommodation??!

I'm open to any suggestions, any advice is much appreciated!

Thank you

#1 summers357 has been a member since 23/5/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/5/2009 at 09:19 admin

For a backpacker "vibe" Maenam Beach and Big Buddha Beach are the two most "backpacker-aligned" beaches left of Ko Samui.

For diving you're far better off doing your course on Ko Tao -- Ayesha and Wilco offer personalised dive tuition and are worth dropping a line to.

For Ko Pha Ngan for the full moon party, you can stay anywhere on the island as all beaches will have transport to the party. Personally I'd recommend staying somewhere like Thong Nai Pan Noi on Ko Pha Ngan's east coast.

Hope that helps!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.