Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travelling South of Thailand

Posted by JulesNunes on 13/7/2009 at 12:59

My partner and I would like to go to from Bangkok to Koh Tao, Koh Tao to Krabi and Krabi to Phuket.
How is the best (cheapest) way to get there and if you know any prices?
The travel i have been looking was combined tickets, but i am still not sure how is the best way or even some travel agencies.
Thanks

#1 JulesNunes has been a member since 13/7/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by ayesha on 13/7/2009 at 16:46 TF writer

Cheapest way from BKK to KT is bus and boat combo...both Seatran and Lomprayah offer this service. Overnight bus connects to ferry to KT - around 800-900B Lomprayah buses are more confortable.

There is an overnight sleeper train which connects to same ferries ... you get a bed which means better sleep....this will cost around 1100B.

To get from KT to Krabi ...cheapest to get night boat - arriving on the mainland very early morning - that way you save on a nights hotel too.....its simple dorm-like sleeping arangement... but fine... this connects to a mini bus to Krabi - you can do a day boat but this minibus connection leaves you arriving in Krabi in darkness which is not always best ...

its easy to book your travel as you go - there are many travel agents in BKK to book your tickets and the same applies here on Koh Tao too...(i live here) so you can leave your trip flexible - staying longer if you like somewhere or leaving earlier if you dont....

#2 ayesha has been a member since 12/6/2009. Location: Thailand. Posts: 74
 Send ayesha a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Google+ 

Posted by SBE on 13/7/2009 at 20:20

I read somewhere that the Seatran ferries had stopped running ...since last Autumn I think.

As you live on Ko Tao presumably you know... did the Seatran service stop and start up again?

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,037
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Posted by ayesha on 14/7/2009 at 09:55 TF writer

Hi there !

Seatran Ferries still run - Im not aware that they stopped but I was away from the island for a littlw while....its possible that what you read related to bad weather.....when ferries get cancelled...

Ayesha

#4 ayesha has been a member since 12/6/2009. Location: Thailand. Posts: 74

Posted by SBE on 14/7/2009 at 14:53

Hi Ayesha. Seems I'll finally be learning how to dive... thanks to travelfish!! I still can't believe it. Looking forward to meeting you and Wilco! :-)

#5 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,037
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Posted by ayesha on 14/7/2009 at 16:44 TF writer

no worries .... see you soon

#6 ayesha has been a member since 12/6/2009. Location: Thailand. Posts: 74

Posted by tezza on 14/7/2009 at 18:26

Jules, google Lomprayah.

#7 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.