Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hostel without booking

Posted by nat_c on 15/7/2009 at 20:40

I am reaching BKK in the midnight of Aug.6.
1. As i was moving between countries, I canceled my credit card so I can't book the hostel by Internet. sit difficult to get a place to stay in bkk in the middle of the night.
2. Could you also suggest a place where I could meet some travelers and probably join part of the journey to Cambodia. I did that in Beijing is it possible in BKK.

3. I trying to make the best of the inconvenience of not having a credit card by not planning anything. Is it a good idea.?

nat_c

#1 nat_c has been a member since 15/7/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by BruceMoon on 15/7/2009 at 21:16

nat

If you have a debit card, you can achieve pre-booking.

1/.

Midnight is not the most hospitable hour to awaken accommodation staff - but, those offering higher priced rooms will probably sell you a room. I doubt whether you will be in a position to bargain.

2/.

For travel companions, go here (as soon as you can):

https://www.travelfish.org/board/topic/travelcompanions

3/.

If you have no credit card, that's life. At this time of year, you'll not encounter too many problems by not booking in advance. In fact, tourist numbers are down so rocking up at some place means you can bargain for what you really want at a price you'd prefer to pay.

Enjoy life.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by nat_c on 15/7/2009 at 21:29

Thanks for your reply
Lightening fast..

I will try to book a place using a travel agent in japan, probably a Hotel not a hostel.

I do have a debit card bit I doubt that can be used, never tried. anyway I will try it in Hostelworld.

I have already posted for a travel companion. if I stay in a backpacker place then it is easy to join somebody, which I did many times. But it looks like I end up staying in a hotel atleast in BKK.

Thansk again

nat

#3 nat_c has been a member since 15/7/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by BruceMoon on 15/7/2009 at 22:00

nat

do check out the link I gave you. Here again...

https://www.travelfish.org/board/topic/travelcompanions

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.