Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand to Cambodia, Laos,and Vietnam.

Posted by htrdmx on 3/8/2009 at 00:08

Ok starting late october early november I want to start out in Bangkok or pattaya and go to laos cambodia and vietnam. Been to thailand many times so im going to try and make a whirlwind trip in two weeks. Other than Angor Wat im up to seeing pretty much anything. Any suggestions on where to start first and a path to take.

#1 htrdmx has been a member since 2/8/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by SBE on 3/8/2009 at 00:59

At the top of the page there's a bit called "before you leave" with a scroll bar which contains itinerary suggestions like this one.

https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/laos-vietnam-cambodia

Even if you are intent on doing a whirlwind tour, it still looks very rushed to me. You can save a day or two by flying back to BKK from Phnom Penh as you don't want to go to Siem Reap, but you might need to prune other stuff out too.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by MADMAC on 3/8/2009 at 02:10

I think you should add China, South Korea and Japan to your tour...

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by BruceMoon on 3/8/2009 at 04:27

htrdmx

If Somtam thinks its rushed, WOW It'll be rushed!!!!

"I want to start out in Bangkok or pattaya and go to laos cambodia and vietnam.

...im up to seeing pretty much anything"

I've got the feeling that you'll see the inside of transport vehicles, the inside of transport waiting rooms, the insides of tuk-tuk's/taxi's as you go to/from the transport pick up/drop off point to your accommodation, and the ceiling therein.

Anything else?

I doubt it.

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by MADMAC on 3/8/2009 at 11:44

Hey the interiors of those buses is interesting. It's all part of the "experience".

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.