Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Chiang Mai - some suggestions

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/8/2009 at 14:09 admin

Have just added a new feature entitled "What to see between Bangkok and Chiang Mai". It looks briefly at some of the possibilities for those looking for ways to break up the trip. There's an interactive map with it so you can click on the different lines to get brief route explanations and descriptions of the towns.

It's far from exhaustive, but should be a handy primer for those scratching their head trying to decide where to go.

We'll be adding more of these in the future, so any suggestions on what else you'd like to see in stories like this would be appreciated.

Story is here:
https://www.travelfish.org/feature/152

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by BruceMoon on 4/8/2009 at 19:49

Somtam

I'd readily add suggestions, but I get the strong feeling that my suggestions fall on deaf ears.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by whiteelephant on 4/8/2009 at 22:02

Not bad. But its not clear from the story that the map does anything. Maybe a legend on the side+wd be good to give a better summary of what each place offers.

Getting there :-)

#3 whiteelephant has been a member since 22/7/2009. Posts: 15

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/8/2009 at 13:02 admin

whiteelephant - you realise you can click on the blue balloons on the map to get a short summary of each place? They're then linked to the actual TF review on each -- didn't see much point in duplicating too much of the info...

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.