Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

buying new glasses in Bangkok

Posted by Pjotra on 8/8/2009 at 01:43

Hi There!
Is there anybody who has expirience with buying glasses in Bangkok? I mean, do they make them on the spot, i.e. some hrs. service, and what prices to expect? (I think about buying some new pairs in titanium, not designer-glasses)

#1 Pjotra has been a member since 17/7/2009. Posts: 39

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 9/8/2009 at 00:25

My wife had an eye test in the MBK centre, up the top near the book/magazine shop. It cost about B3500 and took about 4 hours for them to make the glasses. That was about 4 years ago and she still has the glasses now.

#2 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464

Posted by swag on 9/8/2009 at 07:58

Hi pjotra, I had some prescription reading glasses made up for me when I was in Thailand last Feb 09. There is a large optometrist chain called Top Charoen that I couldn,t fault. I had titanium frames done with scratch resistant glass etc. I would expect to pay $550-$600 aud here in Australia for that and I think the price was about $250 aud there.All up they were done in about 6 hours.

#3 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.