Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Phangan - Accom away from Hat Rin

Posted by brizzichick on 8/8/2009 at 01:50

hi all

i'm planning to be in kpy for a week or so from around 27 Dec...I was thinking Thong Nai Pan Noi....basically i want to chill but have some places to go to eat and visit some other areas of the island whilst chilling...

i'm up for the full moon party for NYE but want to stay away from that area for the rest of the time as i stayed near HR when i went to a full moon party many moons ago....

any ideas or recommendations??

#1 brizzichick has been a member since 8/8/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 9/8/2009 at 01:57

"Many moons ago" Like it!

I recommend a place on Haad Yao (long beach). About 5 years ago I stayed at Haad Yao bungalows and took a deluxe aircon room and rented a moped from them too.

Good beach and nice BBQ. That was 5 years ago tho but im sure someone on here has stayed there more recently.

#2 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by Sparts on 17/8/2009 at 23:44

I've only stayed on Thing Nai Pan Noi - loved it. Panburri is good with a good restaurant and friendly staff.

#3 Sparts has been a member since 5/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 169
 Where has Sparts been? 

Posted by syna on 9/9/2009 at 16:45

I stayed in Had Yao and i thought it was very calm and a great place to stay. It's near everything and with good roads to thong sala and Had rin and you have lots of nice beaches near.
Going/coming from Thong Nai Pan Noi to Thong sala is a dirt road and not so confortable.
Also keep in mind that that side of the island is sunrise and the Had yao side is sunset.
Thong Nai Pan Noi is a nice beach and very calm, but overall i think you have more options in Had yao side. Plus you can rent a mnotrcycle and spend one or 2 days in Thong Nai Pan Noi beaches.
Have a good time

#4 syna has been a member since 6/8/2009. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.